Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!

This afternoon officially marked the beginning of one of my (many) DIY decor projects. I've sanded, dusted, sanded again and primed our old rickety end table in preparation for its fabulous makeover. After it's painted a delicious shade of Granny Smith apple green and I replace the old handle with a new shiny one, it'll look all sleek and spiffered up. Yes, we just bought a house, yes we are both students, and yes, I am the nutcase in the relationship. I realize that I am taking on a lot at once, but I am not a girl who can be idle very long. As the saying goes, "idle hands are the Devil's workshop". Well, I don't know where the Devil's workshop is (maybe downtown next to Home Depot?), but I do know that our tiny one-car garage has become my workshop.

I'm not sure the hubs fully trusts me near our old furniture with a paintbrush in hand yet, but I
think I'm wearin' him down because he took me to Lowe's so we could buy the supplies I needed! I understand his hesitation, because I get the crazy-lady gleam in my eye when I talk about home decor and renovating. But, I do have a new nest to beautify after all, while still keeping the whole budget thing in mind (read: new house=NO money left). So, while Brandon is at his 9-5, I have full access and free reign of the house to hunt down an old piece of furniture that we already own then have my way with it. I often refer to this as "Project Elle-ification". Yup, I'm holding my pinky to my lips and doing my best impression of Dr. Evil as we speak-well, to be fair, as I type. Mmwahhahhaa.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where the Devil's workshop is either - but I bet the have hellacious crafting demos.

    Get it?

    Hellacious?

    OMG I am awesome!!!

    Congrats on your new blog Danilicious!

    xoxo
    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Darling Elle!

    You have an award to pick up on my blog!

    It's a bit back dated {April 20, 2009} but swing on by and pick it up!

    xoxo
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Devil's Workshop, never heard that one before. Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete